One of the best ways to make money online is by staring your own blog. If you’re anything like me, you have a hard time starting a new venture without having a roadmap. Unfortunately, so many of the products that are out there cost a lot of money. Sure, many of these products are very helpful and can even accelerate your way to success, but most beginner’s can’t afford the hefty price tags.
Yes, I have paid for these expensive products in the past. Yes, I have found these products to be incredibly helpful and I do believe they’ve helped accelerate my own success. But I also know from experience that you don’t need to pay these prices in order to stumble on an excellent resource.
I just sorted through the Kindle ebook store to find the best resources I can find. These are all under $120. Some of them even give you the option of ordering a paper version if that’s what you prefer. There are even some options that are completely free or free if you’re a Kindle Unlimited subscriber.
Here’s a look at the 5 best Kindle eBooks that relate to how to make money as a professional blogger:
- Problogger – Secrets for Blogging Your Way to a Six Figure Weekend. I have been a fan of Darren Rowse’s blog for a long time so when he released this book on how to do what he does, I knew I had to snatch it up. It was worth the small investment and in terms of the quality of the information, it is in par with even some of the expensive programs I have purchased.
- Blogging – The Beginner Guide on How to Start a Blog and Make Money Online. What I love about this book is the fact that it is packed with valuable information and is geared towards complete beginners. It is also free for those who are subscribed to Kindle Unlimited, which means that if you’re already a subscriber it doesn’t cost anything.
- Lifestyle Blogging Basics: A How-To for Investing in Yourself, Working With Brands, and Cultivating a Community Around Your Blog. Based on what I know about online marketing, I can tell you that this book is really valuable. If you’re thinking of starting a lifestyle blog, this is definitely a resource you’ll want to have. Even if you have a blog like this one that is more business-related than lifestyle-related, you can still gain valuable tips. It is also free for subscribers of the Kindle Unlimited program.
- How to Blog for Profit Without Selling Your Soul. Making money online doesn’t need to be stressful.People have this idea that in order to be profitable you need to give away a little piece of yourself or compromise who you are. This isn’t the case! You can be true to yourself and still make a living. This book shows you how. It’s also another one that is free using the Kindle Unlimited program.
- Blogging: A 30 Day Challenge To Set Up Your Blog Make Your First $ In Less Than ONE Month. Sometimes it helps to take on a challenge in order to real push you into the mode of being successful. This challenge is perfect since you’ll very likely be making your first profit before the thirty days are up, as long as you follow the instructions. There is a paperback version, a free Kindle Unlimited version, an inexpensive downloadable version, and you can even download the audiobook on audible.
Don’t spend too much time looking for the “perfect” resource. Frankly, it doesn’t really exist. Simply choose one that looks good and fits your price range and get started. Making consistent, forward progress is a lot better than doing a ton of research. You are much better off getting started as quickly as possible than waiting.
When I first started my freelance writing career, I spent about six months researching how to run a freelance writing business and I didn’t do much else beyond that. After the first month, I quickly realized my that my query letters had about a 10% conversion rate.
For every ten letters I sent out, I sold a piece of writing or had one of my queries accepted. I averaged about thirty queries a month. I missed out on having eighteen published pieces because I waited and based on what it was like back then, that was about $1800 based on my average. I made $0 while I was researching. Getting started is a much better approach than waiting for the “right time”. There’s no better time than now.