When it comes to figuring out how to maximize your online business earnings, it can often feel overwhelming. There are many things that can ruin our focus and pull our minds in different directions. The problem is, when we don’t let ourselves stick to the plan, this feeling of getting pulled in different directions can cause overwhelm, which often leads to paralysis. This happened to me, and I want to save you from the stress!
When I first started my writing business, I spent a good six months researching how to succeed at writing. I didn’t actually do any writing, and I spent most of my time researching how to win assignments or find new clients. Notice what i did. I spent all that time researching and none of that time doing. In fact, the more I researched, the more overwhelmed I got. One day, I forced myself to stop the insanity and I took action. I made my first bit of money about two months after I made the decision to focus. I want this same for you!
Before we can talk about how to stop the overwhelm from happening, it helps to determine some the main causes. Here are some of the top reasons:
- Shiny New Object Syndrome. Gurus selling the latest and greatest methods. Latching onto the idea that these products will help you make money is often referred to as Shiny New Object Syndrome.
- Not Having a Solid Plan. When you don’t have a solid business plan, it can be all too easy to let outside factors, such as being taken in by the latest fads, steal your focus.
- Giving Up. This one may seem like a no-brainer, but it is almost astounding how many people give up too soon. If you really want to make money online, never give in. Feeling lie you want to give up can make feelings of overwhelm much worse.
Here are some things you can do to eliminate your feelings of overwhelm while you are building your business:
- Write Your Business Plan. Sure, starting an online business may appear to be accessible, but this doesn’t mean you should jump right in. Take time to set up your business the right way, and for that, the process always begins with a great business plan.
- Prove You Can Make Money. When you first get started, making your first dollar online can feel like a hurdle you may never jump over. It may take a long time for you to make that first sale, but stick with your business plan and make consistent progress so you can make that first sale sooner than later. Once you do, everything else tends to fall into place.
- Know When to Try Something New. Sure, you don’t want to give up on a method too quickly. However, you should also learn how to shift your focus and try new things within the framework of your business plan. Sometimes, the methods you were previously trying weren’t working for a reason.
- Constantly Check Your Mindset. Mindset training is an important piece of the business success puzzle. You should spend time each week listening to motivational talks, reading articles that inspire you, and reading mindset-related books. People like Tony Robbins, Napoleon Hill, and Jack Canfield always have helpful and inspiring things to say about success.
Being overwhelmed is a terrible feeling. Sometimes, it can feel so impossible to succeed that you keep searching. Your mind swirls in all kinds of different directions until paralysis sets in. Your goal is to create a solid business plan and keep working at it until you make that first dollar or first sale. Once you do, simply repeat your efforts until you make another dollar, and then another. Before you know it, you’ll be making a living online!